Established in the year 1890, the Washington State University has grown and developed into one of the best academic institutions in the United States of America. It is a public Institution of higher learning located in Pullman, Washington. Washington State University is the second largest institution for higher education in Washington state.
There is a very high research activity in the university; thus local and international students can enroll and and achieve their academic goals with the aid of the skilled professional and resources in the campuses. The university aids students through financial supports and scholarship programs in order to make sure that brilliant minds attain their goals. And one the ways is through the National merit scholarships for American citizens.
The National Merit Scholarships
The scholarship is meant for students of United State of America. And for you to apply, you must be admitted into the institution. And this scholarship could earn you a full tuition for up to four years.
For Washington residents, the award value is based on current in-state tuition rates for 2021-22. While for students from outside Washington state, the award value is based on current non-resident tuition rates for 2021-22.
- You apply for admission by January 31.
- List WSU as your first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Make yourself eligible for even more awards and resources
Completing the following applications will make you eligible for additional resources through WSU.
- Complete the WSU General Scholarship Application by January 31. It’s a simple application, and it’ll let WSU consider you for more than 700 scholarship programs.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). We use the FAFSA to see if you’re eligible for grants, work-study, and student loans. It also affects how we award need-based scholarships. Fill out the application between October 1 and January 31.
Noteworthy information about the scholarships
- You must enroll at WSU in the fall semester following your high school graduation in order to take advantage of this scholarship.
- Tuition awards valid for up to 18 credit hours per semester.
- Recipients of a National Merit Corporate sponsored award will have the amount of their scholarship reduced by the amount of the corporate award, so that it will not exceed the amount of tuition.
- This scholarship could be the first of many scholarships that you benefit from. However, the National Merit Scholarship cannot be combined with a Regents Scholar award, the University Achievement Award, the Cougar Award, WUE, or a visitation award at WSU.
- Students admitted into the Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine professional programs, and transfer students, are not eligible for this award or for renewal.
Application Link: https://admission.wsu.edu/scholarships/national-merit/