Study in Illinois USA: Established in the year 1969 as Sangamon State University by the Illinois General Assembly, the University of Illinois Springfield has grown over the year to become an international citadel of learning. This is a public university in Springfield, Illinois, USA.
The University of Illinois Springfield has 30 undergraduate degree programs, 20 master’s degree programs, and a doctorate in Public Administration. The university has a good number of financial aids and scholarships for local and international students. And as an international student, you stand a chance to obtain any of the following scholarships described below. Scholarships and Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, thus it is important that you apply early.
LINCOLN/AIM HIGH MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INCOMING FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
- All undergraduate first year students are automatically eligible for Lincoln Merit Scholarships.
- These scholarships are automatically applied upon admission and are based solely on GPA
- The amounts listed represent per-year awards, and the award is renewable for up to four years in which the student is enrolled as a full-time (12 hours or more), on campus student each semester and maintains a required UIS institutional GPA as specified by the award
AIM HIGH Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
The University of Illinois Springfield offers merit-based scholarships to new transfer students!
Requirements and Eligibility
(Must meet all eligibility requirements in your first semester of enrollment at UIS)
- Must have a qualifying cumulative grade point average
- Must have 30 transfer hours by entry to UIS
- Must be fully admitted and enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program (online programs are not eligible)
- Students already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not eligible
- Must have valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Assistance by the first day of classes
- Must have official final transcripts received by the Office of Admission by the start of classes
- Your admission application will serve as the scholarship application
- Renewable for up to two years with an institutional GPA of 3.0 or better
International Student Awards
Merit awards are also available for undergraduate, campus international students (not considered for other awards). They are awarded upon admission and can be renewed for up to four years as long as the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Exchange students are not eligible.
- 3.00 to 3.49 GPA will receive $2,000
- 3.50 to 3.74 GPA will receive $3,000
- 3.75 to 4.00 GPA will receive $4,000
University: University of Illinois springfield
Study level: Undergraduate
Eligibility Criteria: You must apply for admission
Funding: Partially funded
Application Link: https://www.uis.edu/cost-aid/scholarships/merit-scholarship