The government of Canada is calling on international students to submit applications for its on-going Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2021/22. This is a fully funded scholarship that covers any course taught in all the universities in Canada. This is a great opportunity for students to take the advantage, and obtain higher degrees from reputable institutions in any of the provinces in Canada.
Over the years, the government of Canada has invested a lot in infrastructural development in the institutions of higher learning in the country, and has also gone beyond that to see that it helps students locally or internationally in terms of financial aids and scholarships. Thus a good number of students have benefitted from these gestures and you can be part of them by taking the necessary steps in the scholarships process.
Aim of the Scholarship
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to;
- Strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students
- Establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
- Help Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
- Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
- A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.Value:
- $50,000 per year
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
|July – November 2021||Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit application package.|
|Internal Deadline (varies)||Deadline to submit application to the nominating institution. Contact nominating institution for specific date.|
|November 2, 2021 (20:00 EST)||Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.|
|November 2021 – March 2022||Review and evaluation of nominations.|
|Early April 2022||Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|May 1, 2022, September 1, 2022 or January 1, 2023||Payments begin.|
Institution: Universities in Canada
Study Level: Graduate studies
Funding: Fully funded
Eligibility: All nationality