The Thompson Rivers University’s journey to becoming a highly ranked institution dated back to 1970. And over the years, the university has been serving students locally and internationally. This is a public teaching and research university offering undergraduate and graduate degrees and vocational training. The main campus of the university is located in the Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, and its name comes from the two rivers which converge in Kamloops . The institution supports students in many ways in order to help them achieve their academic aim; and one them is through its scholarship programs.
Here are the scholarships available for you to apply;
1. Scholarships for US Citizens
US citizens admitted to a TRU undergraduate program of two  years or longer are eligible for an automatic scholarship of CAD$2,000 per student, as follows:
- First CAD$1,000 based on Grade 12 GPA of 73% (B grade) or higher (Assessed by international admissions).
- Second CAD$1,000 based on TRU first semester grades/GPA of 73% (B grade) or higher (assessed by Student Awards).
Three other important facts to know:
- US students are eligible to apply for all TRU programs based scholarships and academic awards after their first semester.
- TRU is designated for US veteran funding through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- TRU does not have Title IV designation with the US Department of Education, and is therefore not currently eligible for US direct student loans, including Pell Grants.
2. Engineering Scholarships
International students accepted and enrolled in TRU’s two-year Engineering Transfer program will be considered. Two new international students per year will be selected to receive a $3,000 scholarship each divided over four semesters ($1,000 first year and $2,000 second year).
3. International Athletic Scholarships
Students of outstanding sporting ability who demonstrate athletic excellence by qualifying to one of TRU’s Varsity Teams may be considered for an athletic scholarship. Scholarship recipients must be full-time academic (not taking ESL) students.
Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball etc
4. The Jorge Campos Award for Studies in Canada
Legendary Mexican football star Jorge Campos and Thompson Rivers University have teamed up to create a new scholarship program for students from Mexico.
The Jorge Campos Award provides outstanding students with full tuition for a year of study at Thompson Rivers, a leading study destination in Canada for students from around the world.
The scholarship is open only to Mexican citizens currently enrolled in a full-time program of studies in Mexico. In addition, applicants must:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have graduated from secondary school
- Have a minimum average of 85% in the last year or last two years of study
- Maintain a minimum average of 70% during your studies at TRU
Application Link: https://www.tru.ca/truworld/future-students/scholarships.html