Study in Canada: The institution was founded in the year 1907, and currently, it is a top ranked Canadian university, located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Over the years, the institution has grown, and has a good learning environment for its students. The Institution is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The institution invites applications from students who wish to commence a Masters and Doctoral degree program at the University.
All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) recipients must be full-time, fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program. Students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program to apply for or hold a UGS. Applicants must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
Eligibility Criteria for the scholarships
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into masters and PhD degree program.
- The award is available for masters & PhD students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- The student must be registered or continuing in a graduate degree program or have been recommended for admission to a graduate degree program in the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
- The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student. When determining eligibility, only whole terms (not partial terms) are used to obtain a minimum of 60 credit units on which to compute the student’s GPA. Courses with grades of Pass, Credit, etc. are not included when computing the student’s GPA (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- Master’s students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of two years of university graduate scholarship in the first three years of their graduate program. Master’s students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 36th month of their graduate program.
- PhD students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of three years of university graduate scholarship funding in the first four years of their program. PhD students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 48th month of their graduate program.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Saskatchewan’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Eligible Courses for the scholarships
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
University: University of Saskatchewan
Study Level: MSc and PhD
Closing Date: February 22, 2021