Study in United Kingdom: The Chevening Scholarship is funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its partner organisations. This is an international scholarship scheme that help students with leadership qualities from over 160 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the United Kingdom.
The Chevening scholarship scheme is on large scope, and it allows students from developing countries to access British tertiary education institutions. The selection criteria varies with countries, although, they are mainly bases on identifying high-caliber graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
Eligibility for the scholarships
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
Benefits of the scholarships
- tuition fees
- a monthly living allowance
- economy class return airfare to the UK and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Brief Summary of the Scholarship
Sponsored by: UK Government
Funding: Fully funded
Host Country: United Kingdom
Institution(s): Universities in UK
Eligible Nationality: All Nationality, citizens of Australia
Degree Level: MSc, PhD and Fellowships Programs
Closing date : 3 November, 2020
Application Link: https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/who-can-apply/eligibility/