About the UN Volunteer Program
UN Volunteer Job: The act of Volunteerism is one that involves helping humanity. It is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development. Volunteerism benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation.
UNV contributes to peace and development through a dual mandate: mobilizing UN Volunteers for the United Nations and advocating for recognition of volunteers as a way to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This UN volunteer program will create a good playing ground for any individual that has the intention to help mankind. In addition, the program is equally for someone that wants to contribute his or her own quarter to peace and development. However, those that will be filling the UN volunteer job application form, will select if they will volunteer from home, abroad or online.
UN Volunteer Job Requirements
- The UN volunteer jobs in Africa are for people that have obtained a Bachelor’s degree. On the other hand, those that have a higher technical diploma can also apply.
- Secondly, only candidates with nothing less than 2 years of work experience will pass through the United Nations volunteer recruitment process.
- In addition, this 2 years of essential work experience, should be in a professional background.
- The minimum age requirement for this program is 25 years. Nevertheless, those that are above 25 years of age can also apply.
- Applicants should be people that can be dedicative and also stick to the principles of volunteerism.
- These United Nations volunteer jobs are for candidates that can work in a multicultural environment.
- Applicants should have the ability to easily work with people.
- Furthermore, applicants should be prepared to travel around the world when the need arises.
- Those that have strong interpersonal and organizational skills will stand a better chance of doing UN volunteer jobs in Africa.
- Individuals that have work experience in developing countries, will easily fit into these UN volunteer positions.
- Africans that have been searching for things like UN volunteer jobs in Nigeria, Abuja, Uganda, Cameroon, Tanzania, Afghanistan or South Sudan are so much welcomed to apply for this UN volunteer jobs. Moreover, the should also possess all the requirements for the program.
UN Volunteer Benefits
Anyone that will successfully pass through the United Nations volunteer recruitment process. Will be entitled to various forms of allowance and benefits. They include travel expenses, settling-in-grant, insurances, annual leave, resettlement allowance and lots more.
Application Link: https://www.unv.org/become-volunteer