As Glasgow’s second-oldest university,the University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland. It was founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, and later received its royal charter in 1964 as the first technological university in the United Kingdom. The University of Strathclyde is assisting outstanding students through its Covid-19 Hardship Fund. This fund is awarded to applicants from UK, EU, EEA, UK and Islands, RUK. The funding has been established to assist students in meeting essential needs during the pandemic response to Covid-19. It is open to applications from students at all levels of study including Undergraduate, Taught Postgraduate and Research students respectively.
To be eligible for the University of Strathclyde Covid-19 Hardship Fund for International Students in UK 2020; applicants are to meet up with the following
- The award is open to students around the world
- This award is available in any subject offered by the university
- Applicants with financial hardship due to the current Covid-19 pandemic; and
- Lack of fund to meet essential needs
- The fund is appropriate to meet exceptional needs
- Applicants are required to hold their previous degree certificate
- English Language Requirement: Students are required to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- a results transcript
- a copy of passport
- a copy of sponsor letter/award and copies of any other documentation
- bank statement
- Confirmation of any funding such as scholarship, statutory funding or salary if not shown on bank statement.
Host Country/Region: UK
Sponsor: University of Strathclyde, UK
Study Level: Undergraduates, Taught Postgraduates & Research students
Funding: Partial funding
Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Application Link: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/scholarships/covid-19hardshipfund/