The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the country’s leading universities.
Applications are invited from candidates who are eligible to undertake a Undergraduate and Postgraduate Research program to apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS). The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
Eligibility for the postgraduate scholarships
- Be an international student commencing full time enrollment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
Sydney Scholars Awards
An undergraduate scholarship:
How to apply
- Read the application guide carefully.
- Complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).
There are three Sydney Scholars Awards ranging from $6000 to $10,000 per year, and are tenable for one to five years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $10,000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree (only available to domestic students with a minimum ATAR of 99.90 or equivalent)
- $6000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree
- $6000 for one year of undergraduate degree.
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Closing date: 30th September 2020
Application link for postgraduate scholarships: http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/postgraduate/international-postgraduate-scholarships.shtml#usi
Application link for undergraduate scholarship: https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/e/sydney-scholars-awards.html